In accordance with the Government’s recently released COVID-19 Secure guidelines we have undertaken a risk assessment and have identified a number of mitigating actions to be introduced.
To reduce the risk of infection spread and ensure the safety of staff we have introduced a number of measures and safeguards. These have been communicated to staff and include but are not limited to:
- Installing additional hand sanitisers at entrances and exits
- Cleaning work areas and equipment frequently
- Signage and posters to provide regular reminders to staff and visitors to maintain hygiene standards
- Staff have been reminded of their part to play in ensuring hands are washed often and thoroughly in accordance with WHO guidance.
- Continued provision of hot water and soap for effective hand washing
- Floor markings in reception areas to help individuals maintain social distancing
- The provision of disinfectant sprays and cleaning materials in communal areas such as stairways, corridors, photocopier rooms, toilets and kitchens.
- Encouraging staff to clean and wipe down, after use and at regular intervals, shared equipment and frequently touched objects and surfaces such as bannisters, door handles, kitchen work tops etc.
- Continuing daily cleaning of communal areas by professional, outsourced personnel.
- Introducing other measures to ensure that a 2m distance is maintained in the workplace
We have also introduced the following policies and guidance for the benefit of any parties that may be visiting our offices:
- If a visit is necessary then please make an appointment or advise your contact at George Hay of your intention to come to the office.
- Please observe all signage and instructions.
- Please stand back, if you are able to, a reasonable distance when doors are being opened to grant you access.
- Please respect two metre distancing from reception and all other personnel you may encounter during your visit.
- Hand sanitation will be available at entrances and exits. We encourage its use on arrival and departure.
- Please observe and respect any other instruction offered by our staff during your visit.
Please liaise with your contact at George Hay if you have any queries or require any additional information. We will be keeping the situation under constant review based on Government advice, operational needs, ongoing risk assessment and how the safeguards are working in practice. Our staff’s safety and their wellbeing remain our priority.