We currently have an opportunity for a Trainee Bookkeeper to join our growing team. The position is full-time and will be based at our Biggleswade office.
The successful candidate will be looking to commence a career in bookkeeping but need not have prior experience in the field.
In house training will be provided, and you will be given to the opportunity to study towards professional AAT qualifications.
You will become part of our bookkeeping team, and so responsible for supporting our diverse client base with their bookkeeping needs. The work will be varied, to include:
- Maintaining purchase ledger/sales ledger
- Cash account and bank reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of VAT and CIS returns
- General bookkeeping duties, to include the use of various in-house and cloud accounting software
As you develop in your role there will be opportunity to take on more responsibility, to become more client-facing and to support our clients in a more advisory capacity.
Candidates should possess at least 2 ‘A’ levels at grade A – C. GCSE English and Maths at a minimum of grade 6 (B).
Applicants should be extremely numerate, have excellent communication and IT skills (working knowledge of Excel and Word etc.), and work well alongside other people. The candidate should have the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst still maintaining high levels of accuracy. A driving licence would be beneficial.
About George Hay
George Hay has been established for over 80 years, providing independent audit, accountancy, taxation, and business advisory services to businesses and private clients throughout the UK.
We operate from offices in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire, and pride ourselves on a progressive, collaborative, and value-led approach to working with clients, and together.
We place great importance on maximising the talent within our team and giving you freedom to build the career you are envisioning.
What you get in return
- A friendly, professional team to work alongside
- A positive culture that promotes a strong work-life balance
- Regular opportunities to undertake additional CPD alongside any formal studies, together with excellent in-house training opportunities
- Opportunity to progress and develop your career within a well-respected practice
- Annual team building day and social events
- Flexible working hours policy
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with length of service
Applicants can apply in writing, with a full CV, to:
Claire Gardiner, George Hay Partnership LLP, Brigham House, 93 High St, Biggleswade, SG18 0LD.
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email – ‘Trainee Bookkeeper – Biggleswade’.