George Hay’s Payroll Bureau in Biggleswade, Huntingdon and Letchworth; providing a dedicated outsourced payroll and pay advice service to all industry sectors, tailored to the needs of your business.
We know that keeping on top of your payroll, alongside all the other day-to-day stuff associated with running a business, can be challenging.
Have you ever considered lightening the administrative load by outsourcing your payroll function? If not, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you concerned that payroll is not being run correctly and that mistakes are being made?
- Could the time spent preparing your employees’ payroll be used more productively elsewhere in your business?
- Do you find the process difficult and confusing at times?
- Would you like to save yourself the cost of maintaining dedicated up-to-date payroll software?
- Do you need to comply with HM Revenue & Customs requirements for mandatory electronic filing, but don’t have the means to do so?
- Would you like to have a full disaster recovery plan and back-up procedure in place?
- Does the thought of a HM Revenue & Customs PAYE and National Insurance inspection ever concern you?
If you find yourself answering ‘yes’ to any of these questions, now might just be the perfect time to make your payroll needs a priority and talk to one of our dedicated team of experts.
Outsourcing your payroll function to GH Payscheme
GH Payscheme is a professional payroll bureau service, developed specifically to help businesses in Biggleswade, Huntingdon, Letchworth and further afield to operate more efficiently and cost-effectively.
We work with you to tailor our payroll services to the needs of your business and then, based on the information you supply us with, we implement a system whereby your employees are paid on time, all the time.
We use the latest technology, in line with ever-changing payroll legislation, so that you remain compliant at all times and fulfil your obligations as an employer.
With GH Payscheme you can rest assured that your payroll is in safe hands. Our support doesn’t start and end with simply producing your payroll each month but goes far beyond that; with specialist knowledge and years of experience, we are only a phone call away should you require advice and guidance on any payroll-related query.
What can GH Payscheme do for you?
- We can deal with Payrolls between 1 – 500 employees
- Conduct weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly and monthly pay runs from information supplied to us in a format chosen by you
- SSP/SMP calculations
- Direct payment to employees by BACS transfer
- Produce confidential payslips with direct posting facility if required
- Run payroll reports showing departmental costings and nominal ledger posting report
- Year End returns P35, P14, P60’s
- Completion of all regulatory forms, P45/P46
- Electronic filing with HM Revenue & Customs
- Auto Enrolment and workplace pensions
Automatic Enrolment is a government led scheme, intended to get people saving for retirement. It affects businesses like yours in Biggleswade, Letchworth, Huntingdon and throughout the country.
All UK employers are required to automatically enrol their eligible employees into a qualifying workplace pension scheme. Both the employee and the employer must make minimum contributions into the scheme.
The phased roll-out of Auto-Enrolment began with the largest companies in October 2012 and came to an end in March 2018.
Rules are now in place that mean new employers, who took on workers for the first time on or after 1 October 2017, have an immediate obligation to enrol eligible employees into a qualifying pension scheme. Their duties take effect on the first day that the first member of staff began working for them, known as their ‘duties start date’.
When it comes to choosing the right pension scheme, you will need to make sure it fulfils all the qualifying workplace pension requirements. Alternatively, you can opt to use the government’s default scheme, the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST), should you not wish to upgrade an existing scheme or implement a new one.
If you have at least one member of staff on your Payroll who is paid via a PAYE scheme, Automatic Enrolment duties will apply. The only time that they do not apply is when a company or individual are not considered to be an employer.
- You won’t have any auto enrolment duties if you meet one of the following criteria:
- you’re a sole director company, with no other staff
- your company has a number of directors, none of whom has an employment contract
- your company has a number of directors, only one of whom has an employment contract
- your company has ceased trading
- your company has gone into liquidation
- your company has been dissolved
At GH Payscheme, George Hay’s specialist Payroll Bureau in Biggleswade, Letchworth and Huntingdon, our team can assist you with administering your chosen workplace pension scheme and help you to ensure that you comply with all of the requirements of Automatic Enrolment.
We can also offer you access to independent financial advisers, who can help you fulfil your pension obligations. Automatic enrolment will apply if more than one director has a contract of employment, be it a written or verbal contract.
For more information about our Payroll services or Automatic Enrolment services in Biggleswade, Letchworth and Huntingdon please contact us.